Here’s a quick easy way to brighten up a few apples, perfect for lunch time. Or, double the recipe to bring to a potluck. Our family is dairy-free and egg-free, and so I have included those options for you in case you are too. Hope you enjoy.
Easy Apple Salad
- Two large or three small apples, chopped
- 1/2 cup coconut yogurt (here’s how to make coconut yogurt), or your preferred yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (we use an egg-free version found at our health store)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon – where to buy cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ginger – where to buy ginger
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey (optional, see notes) – where to buy maple syrup, where to buy honey
Combine all ingredients minus apples in medium-sized bowl. Add chopped apples and mix well. Keep refrigerated until served.
Note: Some commercial yogurts contain added sweetener. If yours does, please omit the maple syrup or honey.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.
AMAZON DISCLOSURE: The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.