So, pumpkin seeds have been our thing as of late.
I haven’t wanted to try giving the kids almonds. I actually did give them a bite of homemade almond bread during the early part of the GAPS Intro Diet, but wasn’t brave enough to give it twice.
But pumpkin seeds, I could do.
So I messed around a little while with the recipe, and here it is.
- Dairy-free option
- Egg-white-free option
- Pretty stinkin’ yummy, to boot
Pumpkin Seed Blender Bread – Paleo, GAPS
- 2 1/2 cups pumpkin seeds, preferably soaked overnight and dehydrated
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, ghee, or butter (remember to cook and bake with healthy fats!)
- 3 eggs – OR – if staying away from egg whites, use 3 egg yolks and be sure to add: 1/3 cup water blended with 1 tablespoon grass-fed gelatin, blended till frothy, to the ingredients in your blender. (I use this to blend and I love it! It’s so inexpensive and convenient!)
- 3 tablespoons honey or a little more to taste
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla – learn how to make your own vanilla extract!
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- This is so simple! Combine all ingredients in blender or food processor, and blend/process until the seeds are thoroughly blended into the mixture. If you’re using a high-speed blender, start at low and work your way up to high speed. It will turn quite thick and pasty – that’s okay! Scrape with a spatula/spoon into a greased bread pan.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour. It’s done when a knife or toothpick inserted will come out clean. Allow to cool. Drizzle each slice with a little honey before serving.
You can add a banana in there if you want to! Or any fruit or dried fruit.
If you love grain-free breads, be sure to check out this list of the top ten grain-free breads from Healy Eats Real! 🙂
Pin for later:
P.S. For more kitchen tips, healthy recipes, and ideas for a simpler, love-filled life, why don't you subscribe to my newsletter? No spam, ever. <3
And to be added to my Beautycounter newsletter, sign up here.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.
AMAZON DISCLOSURE: The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.