Our Healthy Root Vegetable Bake is a delicious way to add extra vegetables into your diet. It’s simple to make and easy to scale up or down for a family. It’s so simple and delicious, you will love it as a main or a side! Serve with brown rice or add a protein source for a complete meal.
- two cups chopped carrots (can be peeled but not necessary)
- two cups peeled and chopped beets
- two cups chopped potatoes or sweet potatoes
- 2–4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar – I just shake the bottle and drizzle as much as I like
- 1/3 cup olive oil, avocado oil, or melted coconut oil – I also just shake and drizzle
- one bunch chopped fresh cilantro – if you don’t like cilantro, try parsley!
- sea salt
- Chop up all your root veggies. You can make as much or as little as you like.
- Spread them evenly over a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Drizzle balsamic vinegar over the entire pan.
- Drizzle olive oil, avocado oil, or melted coconut oil over the entire pan.
- Mix well, making sure everything is coated. Sprinkle with sea salt – as much or as little as you prefer.
- Cover the entire baking sheet with foil and bake at 400 degrees for one hour.
- Once uncovered and out of the oven, sprinkle fresh chopped cilantro over the roasted vegetables.
- Serve. If desired, sprinkle feta cheese.
This recipe will serve 4 as a main or 6 as a side. To scale the recipe, click scale 2x or 3x.
Vegetables – you can do this with any type or root vegetable, and you can change the amounts as you like. I love carrots, beets, and potatoes (sweet or gold) and so that’s what I used. Make it yours!
Oils – I like olive oil for this, but you could use just about any healthy fat, including ghee.
You can also pre-mix all these vegetables in a large bowl to make sure they’re more evenly coated with oil and balsalmic vinegar, but I honestly hate doing dishes and try to use as few dishes as possible so I’ll have fewer to wash later. Just being honest here.
You could also use a covered casserole dish rather than a baking sheet with foil.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 60
Keywords: root vegetable bake