Allergen-free pumpkin fudge – a family favorite!
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree, either homemade or canned will work (where to buy pumpkin puree)
- 1/3 cup coconut butter – here’s a simple tutorial (where to buy coconut butter)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup – You can substitute with your preferred sweetener, but it will change the texture. You may also substitute with raw honey. (where to buy maple syrup & where to buy raw honey)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla (where to buy vanilla)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon (where to buy cinnamon)
- pinch ground ginger (where to buy ginger)
- 1/8 tsp sea salt (where to buy sea salt)
- Combine all ingredients in a small pot or saucepan.
- Heat on stove on the lowest setting, just enough to warm everything up. Stir constantly so you don’t scorch the coconut butter. . . You’re not cooking it, just warming it up so the flavors will meld and it will spread a little easier. It should only take a minute for this to warm up. It will be quite thick and that’s okay.
- Pour into a small, flat container of your choice. I like using this to help spread it.
- Place in fridge for at least 20 minutes to harden. And if you really can’t wait, the freezer will do the job quicker – but the fridge keeps it at a more preferred temperature for cutting and serving. If you do put it in the freezer, let it thaw a minute before serving.
You could serve with powdered sugar sprinkled on top or whipped cream…. but I don’t think it’s necessary.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Category: Desserts