I’m here to share a quick tip with you today. It’s a fun and easy way to make your own homemade cereal! Score!
Are you ready? (I told you it was quick!)
Homemade “Leftover” Cereal
by: Danielle @ lovelovething.com
- leftover pancakes – 2 per person. You can also use leftover muffins, breakfast breads, anything like that!
- fruit, chopped (optional) – we love bananas in our cereal!
- milk of your choice – learn how to make your own additive-free coconut milk from shredded coconut
1. All this takes is a little advance preparation. Whenever you make pancakes (we make them once a week, on one of my husband’s days off. It’s kind of a big deal. 😀 ) just make enough extra for each person to have 2 pancakes more. Keep these in the fridge until you’re ready to “make” your cereal.
2. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Cut the pancakes into little bite-sized cubes. Place them on some parchment paper/aluminum foil, and pop them into your oven once it’s heated. Bake for 20 minutes. (This will make them a bit crispier.)
3. In the meantime, slice up your fruit and add it to your bowls.
4. When the cereal is finished, simply add it to each bowl, add milk, stir, and serve! Here’s my daughter’s bright pink bowl of homemade cereal, ready to be eaten.
The best part is, this technique should work with any diet. As long as your pancake recipe works with your diet, these leftovers will, as well. 🙂
I hope you enjoyed this quick tip!
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.
AMAZON DISCLOSURE: The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.