Hello everyone! Time for a quick recipe. Who here loves cole slaw? Here’s a recipe I came up with years ago, it is tried and true and it’s probably our family’s favorite side dish. My boys will never turn their nose up at this cole slaw. 🙂
The great thing about this coleslaw. . . The dressing has many applications. Aside from the cole slaw, it can be used for:
- A homemade salad dressing
- Toss it with cubed cucumbers for a phenomenal cucumber salad
- Pasta salad
One time I added about 1/4 avocado to the base dressing and made a delicious avocado salad dressing. Let your mind roam; be daring with it! I’ve never tried it, but I bet it would be delicious added to mashed potatoes, egg salad, you name it. This recipe calls for shredded cabbage. I sometimes use my stand mixer attachment to do this, but slicing the cabbage by hand works well also.
Note: we can’t have eggs, so we have to substitute egg-free mayonnaise for the mayo. I haven’t found a homemade egg-free recipe for mayo yet. If you have one, please let me know!
Must-Try: Quick and Easy Cole Slaw Recipe
A quick, easy coleslaw recipe the whole family will enjoy.
- Prep Time: 5
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: Salads
- 1 medium head of cabbage, shredded
- 1/3 cup olive oil (where to buy olive oil)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar (where to buy apple cider vinegar)
- 1/3 cup onion, or 1 tablespoon granulated onion (where to buy dried onion)
- 1 garlic clove, or 1 teaspoon garlic powder, increase if you love garlic (where to buy garlic powder)
- 3 tablespoons raw honey, or other preferred sweetener (where to buy raw honey)
- 1/2 t dried dill (where to buy dried dill)
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt – if you really prefer sweet cole slaw, then omit this. However, I encourage you to try it salty. We love it. (where to buy sea salt)
- 1 teaspoon pepper (where to buy pepper)
- Add all ingredients except cabbage to blender. Or, if you prefer, you can whisk the ingredients together in a large bowl before tossing with cabbage.
- Process until blended.
- Toss with cabbage.
- If you have time, you can refrigerate before serving to let the flavors meld, but this is not necessary.
When I’m out of honey, I love adding my homemade powdered sugar because it blends very easily, without staying grainy like granulated sugars.
Pin: Best Cole Slaw Recipe
You may also like:
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.
AMAZON DISCLOSURE: The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.