Hello everyone! Time for a quick recipe. Who here loves cole slaw? Here’s a recipe for a quick, easy coleslaw that I came up with years ago, it is tried and true and it’s probably our family’s favorite side dish. My boys will never turn their nose up at this cole slaw. 🙂
Quick and Easy Coleslaw Recipe
The great thing about this coleslaw. . . The dressing has many applications. Aside from the cole slaw, it can be used for:
- A homemade salad dressing
- Toss it with cubed cucumbers for a phenomenal cucumber salad
- Pasta salad
One time I added about 1/4 avocado to the base dressing and made a delicious avocado salad dressing. Let your mind roam; be daring with it! I’ve never tried it, but I bet it would be delicious added to mashed potatoes, egg salad, you name it. This recipe calls for shredded cabbage. I sometimes use my stand mixer attachment to do this, but slicing the cabbage by hand works well too!
Note: we can’t have eggs, so we have to substitute egg-free mayonnaise for the mayo. I haven’t found a homemade egg-free recipe for mayo yet. If you have one, please let me know!Print
A quick, easy coleslaw recipe the whole family will enjoy.
- 1 medium head of cabbage, shredded
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup onion, or 1 tablespoon granulated onion
- 1 garlic clove, or 1 teaspoon garlic powder, increase if you love garlic
- 3 tablespoons raw honey, or other preferred sweetener
- 1/2 t dried dill
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt – if you really prefer sweet cole slaw, then omit this. However, I encourage you to try it salty. We love it.
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Add all ingredients except cabbage to blender. Or, if you prefer, you can whisk the ingredients together in a large bowl before tossing with cabbage.
- Process until blended.
- Toss with cabbage.
- If you have time, you can refrigerate before serving to let the flavors meld, but this is not necessary.
When I’m out of honey, I love adding my homemade powdered sugar because it blends very easily, without staying grainy like granulated sugars.
- Prep Time: 5
- Category: Salads
Pin: Best Cole Slaw Recipe
You may also like: