Have you ever thought that in order to have a healthy protein shake, you’d have to buy some expensive meal-replacement shake or pre-made powder mix? I know I used to think that too. Now, there’s nothing wrong with pre-made protein mixes if they contain healthy ingredients, but you can easily make your own at home with just a few ingredients! You can also easily tweak the ingredients and make a shake truly tailored to your likes and needs!
I’ve spoken a few times on my site about the health benefits of gelatin or collagen. Keep a container of this on hand and add it to tea, coffee, soups, stews, smoothies, almost anything you want to add a healthy complete grass-fed protein boost to your day. Watch your skin, hair, and nails begin to take on a new glow after daily use, it is one of the best additions you can take for rapid hair growth.
Also, enjoy this quick, simple, healthy smoothie in the meantime.
Chocolate Protein Smoothie
- three cups coconut milk (learn how to make your own coconut milk from shredded coconut)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon grass-fed collagen (can also use gelatin)
- two ripe bananas
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cacao powder (you can also use cocoa powder, but “cacao” is a bit healthier with high levels of antioxidants!)
- 1/8 teaspoon dried stevia leaf powder – you can also replace with the white stevia powder, honey, or your favorite sweetener, to taste. If not using stevia, it would probably take a tablespoon of natural sweetener.
- Berries for topping (optional)
- Blender (I love this one, it is one of the best pieces of kitchen equipment I have ever purchased)
- Glass/Cup for eating
Pretty straightforward – dump all the ingredients into your blender and blend on high until well-blended. Pour into serving glasses or cups and enjoy! You can also freeze any leftovers to add to your next smoothie, or make popsicles out of it. 🙂
The collagen will provide a clean protein boost for your body. You can also use powdered gelatin, but be aware the collagen powder is almost completely tasteless. You might taste the gelatin powder more. But use what you have! 🙂
Pin: Dairy-Free Chocolate Protein Smoothie
Try this smoothie after you try one of these Fifteen 15-Minute (or less!) Workouts!
Have a beautiful day,
P.S. For more kitchen tips, healthy recipes, and ideas for a simpler, love-filled life, why don't you subscribe to my newsletter? No spam, ever. <3
Subscribe to my newsletter, it's free!
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.
AMAZON DISCLOSURE: The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.