Hm. Maybe I won’t go into all the foods I miss the most, but I do miss ranch dressing from time to time. I enjoy it on salads, but most of all, it made a great vegetable dip. You know, party platters, and the like.
Finally, today, I scored big in the kitchen and came up with my Creamy Dill Dressing that reminds me (and my hubby, so it’s verified) of a nice, clean ranch dressing.
This recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free, and egg-free.
I hope you enjoy!
Creamy Dill Dressing – Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Egg-Free
- 1/4 cup egg-free mayonnaise (We find this at our local health food store; use your preferred mayonnaise if you are not avoiding eggs)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk yogurt (use plain kefir or yogurt if you are not avoiding dairy) – And here’s a tip! If you don’t have any coconut yogurt on hand, just use canned coconut milk instead, and add 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar. You won’t get the probiotic benefit, but you’ll get some enzymes and it’ll have the same tang as yogurt!
- 1 teaspoon onion powder (where to buy onion powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (where to buy garlic powder)
- 1 teaspoon dried dill (where to buy dried dill)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (where to buy sea salt)
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk together (I love using this to whisk small items) until incorporated. Refrigerate until served.
Pour into little bowls for a yummy veggie or bread dip.
Pour into a squirt bottle and use as a salad dressing.
Dip your pizza slices in it. Basically, use it any way you would use ranch dressing.
You can also pour the dry ingredients into a container/baggie and keep on hand until you are ready to mix. Be sure to label the container or bag with the necessary amounts of wet ingredients.
If you have some Undercover Veggie Powder made up, add a teaspoon to the mix! You can even substitute it for the dill. I’ve done it before and it tastes great!
Let me know if you try it, and how you use it.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.
AMAZON DISCLOSURE: The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.