Hello all! Time for another quick recipe. I’ve felt super busy these past few days trying to get homeschool curriculum ordered and get ready for a garage sale. It will feel SO GOOD to get all this clutter out of our house, I just know it.
Anyway, just wanted to share this easy, nourishing, and yummy (!) fruity chicken recipe with you. Try it; I think you’ll love it!
by Danielle @lovelovething.com
- 2 lbs chicken, uncooked. Can be light or dark meat, whichever is your favorite! Preferably boneless for this recipe, though.
- 1 cup chopped mango (I used the frozen mango I bought at Costco)
- 1 cup cherries, pitted (again, frozen from Costco)
- 1 large apple, chopped
- 1/2 cup water or more as needed for cooking chicken
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed or 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 pint of fresh strawberries, chopped
Note: you will be using these ingredients at different times, be sure not to just dump them all in at once! 😉
- large pot (I used my enamel dutch oven – like this one) – OR crock pot – see note at end
- immersion blender & mason jar, or other blender
- knife and cutting board
- meat thermometer
- 2 forks for shredding chicken
- Place the chicken into your pot. Add mango, cherries, apple, water, garlic, and pepper all to the pot as well. Allow to cook, covered, on medium heat, until chicken is done, about 30 minutes, depending on your pot and how hot your stove gets. Make sure the chicken reaches 165 degrees, so you know it’s done.
- While that is cooking, blend together the balsamic vinegar, honey, and olive or avocado oil, until emulsified.
- When chicken is done cooking, shred thoroughly using two forks. When that is finished, add the balsamic dressing you blended to the chicken, and stir to incorporate.
- Finally, add the fresh strawberries to the mix and stir to incorporate. Serve by itself in a dish, or on bread as a sandwich. Yum!
You can alternatively cook the chicken and fruits (except strawberries) in the crock pot. Simply add the same ingredients and cook on low for 4-6 hours or high 2-3 hours, making sure the chicken reaches 165 degrees. Then shred, add dressing, and add strawberries just before serving. <3
Have a great rest of the week,
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.
AMAZON DISCLOSURE: The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.