We have just recently reintroduced potatoes into our meals after a 6-month long potato hiatus (<— say that fast three times) while on the GAPS diet. (I will share more about our coming off of the GAPS diet very soon!) But oh, man! I’ve missed potatoes!
So I was messing around in the kitchen and emerged with these. New red potatoes cooked in balsamic vinegar, bacon fat, and honey with a few additional ingredients. I call them Pan Fried Balsamic New Potaotes, and here’s how to make them – they are pretty simple. Just the way I like my recipes. 🙂
Pan Fried Balsamic New Potatoes
by Danielle @lovelovething.com
- 2 tablespoons bacon grease (learn how to strain your bacon grease, so it will stay fresher longer) – you can also use tallow, lard, butter, or ghee, but I just think bacon grease rocks!
- 1 pound new potatoes, scrubbed
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 large or 2 small garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, minced (or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary)
- Large pan – I used our trusty cast-iron skillet and the results were perfect! But you can just use your favorite. 🙂
- cutting board & knife
- spoon/spatula for stirring
- Heat up your pan to medium heat and add your bacon grease (or whatever you’re using).
- Chop your potatoes into desired size, the smaller they are the quicker they’ll cook.
- Add all ingredients to your pan and cook, covered, for 15 minutes. Stir occasionally to keep from sticking. Uncover and cook until done, maybe 10 minutes more. That’s it!
I didn’t feel the need to add any salt or pepper or other seasonings, but this is your dish – do your thing! I think you’ll love them however you do it.
Hope you enjoy,
P.S. For more kitchen tips, healthy recipes, and ideas for a simpler, love-filled life, why don't you subscribe to my newsletter? No spam, ever. <3
And to be added to my Beautycounter newsletter, sign up here.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.
AMAZON DISCLOSURE: The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.