I’ve felt maxxed out on recipes lately. By that I mean, I just never feel like cooking anything – and I always feel like I am making the same exact things over and over.
So strangely, I decided to throw some things together, and they turned out pretty good. This healthy root vegetable bake is just several cups of root vegetables chopped up and coated with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, and baked until cooked through.
I’ve given estimated amounts, you don’t have to follow the amounts exactly and you can use which vegetables you like, as much or as little as you like. If you’re a fan of feta cheese, sprinkle some over your serving. It’s really delicious that way.
My family enjoyed it, and I’ve made it several times since that night. It’s become a healthy family favorite! So I snapped a quick picture of it, probably breaking every photography rule in the book 😀 so I could share it with you. If you try it, let me know what you think!
On to the recipe!
Healthy Root Vegetable Bake
- two cups chopped carrots (can be peeled but not necessary)
- two cups peeled and chopped beets
- two cups chopped potatoes or sweet potatoes
- 2-4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar – I just shake the bottle and drizzle as much as I like
- 1/3 cup olive oil, avocado oil, or melted coconut oil – I also just shake and drizzle
- one bunch chopped fresh cilantro – if you don’t like cilantro, try parsley!
- sea salt
- knife for chopping
- large baking sheet
- parchment paper
- aluminum foil
- some kind of utensil for stirring
- Chop up all your root veggies. You can make as much or as little as you like.
- Spread them evenly over a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Drizzle balsamic vinegar over the entire pan.
- Drizzle olive oil, avocado oil, or melted coconut oil over the entire pan.
- Mix well, making sure everything is coated. Sprinkle with sea salt – as much or as little as you prefer.
- Cover the entire baking sheet with foil and bake at 400 degrees for one hour.
- Once uncovered and out of the oven, sprinkle fresh chopped cilantro over the roasted vegetables.
- Serve. If desired, sprinkle feta cheese.
- You can do this with all potatoes, you can mix up the vegetables however you like. I love carrots, beets, and potatoes (sweet or gold) and so that’s what I used. Make it yours!
- You can also pre-mix all these vegetables in a large bowl to make sure they’re more evenly coated, but I honestly hate doing dishes and try to use as few dishes as possible so I’ll have fewer to wash later. Just being honest here. 🙂
- You could also use a covered casserole dish rather than a baking sheet with foil.
- It’s tastier than it looks. 😉
Pin: Healthy Root Vegetable Bake
You might also like:
P.S. For more kitchen tips, healthy recipes, and ideas for a simpler, love-filled life, why don't you subscribe to my newsletter? No spam, ever. <3
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.
AMAZON DISCLOSURE: The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.