Earlier this week I shared our family’s easy way of making our own popcorn at home. Ah, we love it! But there are truly endless ways to snazz up your plain popcorn. You really can let your imagination run wild.
Today, I’m going to show you how I make what I’ve called Maple Coco-Butter Popcorn. It’s a fun, sweet treat – and a quick way to spruce up some popcorn. It makes a healthy, tasty snack that is dairy-free, nut-free, and refined-sugar-free, so my little sweeties can definitely have it! This recipe received their seal of approval and so today I share it with you.
Let’s get started!
Maple Coco-Butter Popcorn – Dairy-Free
A healthy twist on homemade popcorn.
- 1/4 cup coconut butter – where to buy coconut butter, or learn how to make your own with this tutorial
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup (where to buy maple syrup)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (where to buy coconut oil)
- tiny pinch sea salt (optional, where to buy sea salt)
- 3 cups plain, already-popped popcorn (where to find popcorn kernels). Learn how to make homemade popcorn here.
- In a medium pot, combine coconut butter, maple syrup, coconut oil, and salt (optional). Heat on low and stir until well-incorporated. The texture will be slightly gritty due to the coconut butter.
- Stir in popcorn and keep stirring until the popcorn is well-coated.
- Transfer to bowl and allow to cool. Snack away!
If you love coconut butter, here are some more recipes that are also dairy-, egg-, and nut-free. I hope you enjoy them.
Pumpkin Pie Bars – by far our family’s favorite, most delicious recipe
Pumpkin Fudge – GAPS and AIP-friendly
I hope you’re enjoying this fall season. Get ready, things are about to get busy with Thanksgiving and Christmas just around the corner!
Pin: Maple Coco-Butter Popcorn
You may also like:
P.S. For more kitchen tips, healthy recipes, and ideas for a simpler, love-filled life, why don't you subscribe to my newsletter? No spam, ever. <3
And to be added to my Beautycounter newsletter, sign up here.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.
AMAZON DISCLOSURE: The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.