While we were staying in Arizona two summers ago, before we actually moved here, I stumbled onto a quick and painless way to incorporate some bananas into a breakfast side for my kiddos.
We had been eating lots of them lately, and they were tired of the same old plain banana. I had to spruce them up somehow, but how?
It was extremely easy, and boy, the results were out of this world, when you consider that the only fruit in this salad is, well, bananas. Ready for the recipe? Here you go!
- three bananas, peeled and sliced into 1/4″ slices
- 1 tablespoon warmed (not solid) coconut oil (you can also use butter, if your family can eat dairy) – where to buy coconut oil
- splash of maple syrup – about 1/8 cup or 2 tablespoons – where to buy maple syrup
- few sprinkles ground cinnamon to taste – where to buy cinnamon
- tiny pinch of sea salt – omit if using salted butter – where to buy sea salt
Combine all ingredients in medium-sized bowl. Stir to incorporate. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Breakfast Sides
My children and I lap it up every time. If you’re not keen on maple syrup, feel free to substitute with honey, stevia, or any sweetener of your choice. If using stevia, my advice would be to combine the stevia and coconut oil first, and then toss with the bananas. (where to buy stevia)
How do you spruce up bananas? Let me know, and also let me know if you try these. I think you’ll love ’em.
Peace and love,
Pin: Fast Easy Banana Salad
You may also like: