The more we learn about how toxic and unhealthy most commercial body care products are, the more we realize we can not leave the daily health and care of our precious bodies to someone else. It’s sad, but more and moreÂ I am finding out about ingredients in brands I’ve trusted for years, and decades even, only to learn about how really toxic these are for our bodies. What a bummer to learn all this.
The coolÂ thingÂ is when we realize: we are not victims – we have control over what we can use on our bodies! We don’t HAVE to use toxic products, and it’s really pretty simple (and quick) to make most of our own. I think that’s exciting.
Take toothpaste, for example. One of the things I enjoy making (so simple, really) is homemade toothpaste. If you’ve never made your own before, you’re in for a treat, friend! You can totally customize it and flavor it how YOU want.
Here are 8 homemade toothpaste recipes. The ingredients are inexpensive and wholesome, and you can totally take these and make them your own.
- 1 8 Healthy Homemade Toothpaste Recipes
- 1.1 Homemade Diatomaceous Earth Toothpaste from It’s a Love/Love Thing
- 1.2 Homemade Remineralizing & Whitening Toothpaste Recipe from Weed ’em & Reap
- 1.3 Homemade Kids Toothpaste â€” Taste and Texture approved! from Happy Money Saver
- 1.4 Natural Toothpaste for Healing Cavities from The Healthy Home Economist
- 1.5 DIY Remineralizing Toothpaste from The Paleo Mama
- 1.6 3-Ingredient Homemade Toothpaste Recipe from Hollywood Homestead
- 1.7 Baking Soda And Coconut Oil Toothpaste from Health Extremist
- 1.8 Homemade Fluoride-Free Toothpaste from Life, From the Ground Up
- 2 Click on the image to pin 8 Healthy Homemade Toothpaste Recipes, and save for later:
8 Healthy Homemade Toothpaste Recipes
I love using peppermint, cinnamon, clove, wild orange essential oils to name a few ways to flavor homemade toothpaste. If you are looking for high quality essential oils to use in your toothpaste, email me at itsalovelovething at gmail dot com or contact me here to visit about getting ahold of really pure and powerful essential oils. I’m happy to help people on their essential oils journey, the way I was helped when I first started.
If the thought of more natural toothpaste appeals to you, but you don’t want to try and make your own, try this toothpaste. I use this brand when I am not using homemade, and it is clean and works very well.
Click on the image to pin 8 Healthy Homemade Toothpaste Recipes, and save for later:
Have you tried any of these? Let me know your favorites!!