Fat is Phat
Well, well. Here you are reading a post with the words FAT BOMBS in the title. Bravo for you!!
Yes, dear friends, if you weren’t already aware: SATURATED FAT is GOOD for you. Our bodies need fat! I’d love to chase the saturated fat rabbit, but that’s not why I’m here today. If you’re interested in further reading on saturated fat and its health benefits, check out these articles:
Coconut Oil – My Fave Fat
This leads me to coconut oil- my favorite fat. I don’t even know where to begin when I talk about this fat. Coconut oil is healthy and it’s oh so delicious, too.
- kills parasites
- gives a clean energy boost
- improves insulin secretion
- increases metabolic rate
- aids in digestion
- increases absorption of vitamins
- softens skin (makes a great, all-natural moisturizer)
- and so much more
Coconut oil is also a help for those on the GAPS diet. Since it aids in digestion, it helps relieve constipation, something that occurs frequently on the GAPS diet and needs to be avoided.
That being said, since coconut oil is so powerful, it is imperative that you start slowly when taking it. It can cause die-off (toxins released when pathogens die in the gut) which is a good thing, but if you do make these, please don’t go overboard and start cramming these babies. You’ll pay for it later. Start with 1/2 or 1 a day.
The first time I ate a fat bomb, I felt a little queasy a bit later. But the next day, my body had adjusted, I had no problems, and I continue to eat 1 or 2 a day. I love ’em.
Also, the honey adds a nice bit of sugar and enzymes, and helps me when I feel my blood sugar getting low.
So without further adieu…
Â Coco Honey Fat Bombs – GAPS-legal
- 1 cup solid coconut oil – if melted it will not combine with the honey. You can place it in the fridge for half an hour to harden if necessary. (where to buy coconut oil)
- 2 tablespoons raw honey (where to buy raw honey)
- Combine coconut oil and honey in blender, and run on low till thoroughly combined. You might need to use a tamper to push the solidified oil around to blend.
- Pour into molds or into glass pan and freeze. Store in the freezer for a cool, sweet, fat treat. Easy, just how I like it!
If you want to put them straight into a glass pan, just cut them into about 1″x1″ squares.
If you’re not interested in freezing in molds and just want the good stuff – by all means, just blend the two together (make sure the coconut oil is not melted) in a bowl with a spoon. Use said spoon to deliver right to your mouth.