I guess it’s not too hard to think of the whole cold weather season, from around October to February, as one long holiday season. Why is that?
Even though there are several holidays thrown together in that time period, I’m thinking it has a lot to do with the fact that the weather’s cold, inside is warm, and everyone is usually seeking a coziness they aren’t after during the warmer months. My guess is that most of our warm and fuzzy memories have to do with the colder, holiday season.
Fireplace crackling, thick wooly socks, Christmas cartoons on the television . . . and mugs of holiday drinks, sweet and warm in between your hands.
There are also two foods I consider to be the top two holiday drink ingredients: pumpkin and cranberries. Today, dear readers, we’ll combine them for a few mugs of epic holiday tastiness: Cranberry Pumpkin Spice Milk. Mmmmm . . .
Cranberry Pumpkin Spice Milk – A Dairy-Free Holiday Drink
A quick, warm holiday drink that can be made with your preferred milk. Makes two cups.
- Prep Time: 2 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total Time: 7 min
- Category: Holiday Beverages
- 2 cups coconut (or preferred) milk – learn how to make your own coconut milk here. If you are using canned coconut milk, please dilute it 50/50 with filtered water, due to its thick consistency (where to buy coconut milk)
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin puree (where to buy canned pumpkin)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (where to buy coconut oil) – optional, please see recipe notes
- Small handful dried or fresh cranberries – about a dozen will do ya (where to buy dried cranberries)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (where to buy vanilla)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon (where to buy cinnamon)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger (where to buy ginger)
- dash ground allspice or 2 allspice berries (where to buy allspice)
- Pinch of sea salt (where to buy sea salt)
There are two methods to this holiday drink sweetness: stovetop and high-speed blender. We’ll do stovetop first.
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer for five minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Strain out allspice berries, and cranberries if you prefer.
- Using a mini-blender like this one (use the attachment that looks like a little saw blade), or your blender if you want, whip until frothy. (If you don’t plan on whipping, omit the coconut oil.) Sprinkle a dash of cinnamon on top. Enjoy!
HIGH SPEED BLENDER
This will leave you with a different experience, and you really should have a high-speed blender to make it this way. High speed blenders will heat up blended beverages so there’s no need for a saucepan. (where to find high speed blenders) I like making it this way, but I must tell you – I am a fanatic about my blender. This method is reserved for high-speed blender fanatics.
- Combine all ingredients into your blender. If using allspice berries, use only one. Use only 6 to 8 cranberries.
- Blend on high for about 4 minutes. Yes, it will be LOUD. Remember to start at the lowest setting and work your way up.
- Pour, and sprinkle a dash of cinnamon on top. Enjoy!
If you’re using the blender method, your milk will actually have the cranberries blended into it, which will change the flavor. Yumminess.
If you don’t have any fresh, frozen, or dried cranberries on hand, you could sub with a tablespoon of cranberry juice. And if you’re completely sans cran, you can leave it out. It’ll still taste heavenly. Don’t worry, I won’t tell anyone.
The sea salt adds a lot of dimension. You really need it in there. However, there is a really fine line between perfection and MAN THAT’S SALTY. So just be aware of that.
Much holiday drink love,
You may also like:
P.S. For more kitchen tips, healthy recipes, and ideas for a simpler, love-filled life, why don't you subscribe to my newsletter? No spam, ever. <3
And to be added to my Beautycounter newsletter, sign up here.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.
AMAZON DISCLOSURE: The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.